I STILL HAVE A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON AFTER REPLACING IGNITION PARTS

2001 Infiniti I30

InfinitiOakPark

October, 21, 2011 AT 10:01 PM

2001 Infiniti I30 Check Engine light on, due to misfire (bad coil). Replaced all coils and plugs. Check engine light does not come on after starting vehicle, battery having been disconnected for 24 hrs previously. Check light comes on after restarting vehicle. The service writer at local dealer indicated that all coils and plugs needed replacement. DIY bought and installed OEM components. Drove car after installing new ignition parts, no check engine light, car runs fine. Check engine light still comes immediately on after first restart. What is the next step?

October, 26, 2011 AT 10:04 AM

Scan the computer for code/s go to autozone its free for the public if any present comeback with it and post them

indiogoa

October, 30, 2011 AT 12:53 AM

Similar to the previous question, the check engine light came on and indicates a #5 misfire. Recently I had a #6 misfire and replaced the ignition coil. These ignition coils are expensive, so I would prefer to replace just the # 5 this time around, however I have read that I should replace all the coils rather than one at a time as the rest are bound to go out at some time. Is it ok to just replace #5? Also, can someone tell me the configuration of #1-#6 coils? Which #'s are located on the firewall size and which are located on the radiator side? I am trying to order these coils online and install them myself.

October, 30, 2011 AT 6:47 AM

It is okay to replace one at a time but be prepared for others to go out anytime.

Looking at the engine from the serpentine belt side, the left is Bank 1, meaning the cylinders are 1, 3 and 5.