HOW TO CHANGE THE POWER STEERING PUMP

2001 Hyundai XG300

mariojohnson

How to change the power steering pump

hmac300

Okay, now that you have read the instructions on pump removal, try this.

From top of auto: remove engine cover, drain power steering reservoir, remove 10 mm bolt for high-pressure hose near and above pump on wheelhouse.

From below: remove left front tire and engine belt splash shield, remove high-pressure line (back holding pump fitting). Remove both belt tensioner bolts and remove tensioner. Remove lower pump mount bolt, remove right front axle (necessary to get pump out from engine compartment).

From top: remove return hose at reservoir, and remove rub ring from hose. Remove upper 14 mm nut from upper pump mount and slide pump off of stud. Lower pump and hose out from under auto through axle wheel area.

Good luck! And time for r& r is not enough.
This is accurate except you don't need to remove the left front tire or splash shield. Unplug the MAF sensor and remove the air filter cover and you get good access to the rack lines from the top. I used a 17mm crows foot on a 3" extension to break them loose and tighten. A stubby 17mm wrench for the rest. I think MOD got boned on the R& R info on this one! And like carriage said, not nearly enough time to do this one!

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal