I HAVE PROBLEM WITH START THE ENGINE HYUNDAY ...

2001 Hyundai Sonata

Mak123

February, 27, 2013 AT 11:30 AM

I have problem with start the engine Hyunday sonata V6 2001. We have a 2001 Hyundai Sonata that a chronic intermittent starting failure. From time-to-time, the engine will not start when cranked. It cranks just fine, but there isn't ignition. The dealer says it needs a new wiring harness which = $3,000. The dealer says that the main harness junction is faulty. Others have told us if we make this change, we will have no end of problems down the road with the electrical system. Other than the car not starting, it runs just fine -- when it starts. All the fuses have been tested and are good. Is this a fatal flaw for the car and is it ready for the wrecking yard? Or can the fix actually fix the problem?

Please help
Marko ( Slovenia )

February, 27, 2013 AT 11:36 AM

Who told you this information? Do they even work in the field? What do they know that we dont?

If the dealer says that you need a new harness, have them put it in writing so if the repair does not work, you are not responsible for the repair.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe