I REPLACE FRONT WHEEL BRAKE SENSOR TWICE A ...

2001 Hyundai Elantra

Anonymous

February, 4, 2013 AT 5:40 PM

I replace front wheel brake sensor twice a month apart, engine light still comes on code p1502 shows sensor what is wrong. My name is fred I am retired on low income please help.

caradiodoc

February, 4, 2013 AT 11:36 PM

P1502 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Intermittent

You have a code in the Engine Computer. Why are you replacing parts in the anti-lock brake system? If the yellow ABS light is on, you have to check codes in that computer. Code readers don't do that. They only work for codes in the Engine Computer. If that yellow light is for "Check Engine", that has nothing to do with wheel speed sensors.

Fault codes never say to replace parts. They only indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis. In this case you need to be looking at the vehicle speed sensor in the transmission. Start by inspecting the wires and terminals in the connector. Look for signs of corrosion or stretched terminals that make intermittent contact. If no other cause is found, then replace that sensor.