PROBLEM WITH INTERMITTENT IGNITION FAILURE AND TACK POINTER DROPS AT SAME TIME

• flustrated01
  • 2001 Hyundai Elantra

Car normally runs great and then it is like the key is turned of and on. The tach drops for a split second and engine dies for a split second and come back on. No other electrical affects to the radio, lights, fans etc. It is a very violent affect if you are on the throttle, but happens coasting or at idle and then runs fine for a while and does it again. Worse when outside temp. Is very low. Am sure the all 4 cylinders die when this happens.

Friday, January 6th, 2012 AT 4:39 AM

• saturntech9

Do you have any codes?

Friday, January 6th, 2012 AT 4:54 AM
  • flustrated01

I had two codes PO422 for front bank oxygen sensor and PO507 for Idle air control module. Bought both items and installed them and removed codes. Codes stayed off. Ran good for two days and then the same problem came back with the engine cutting off for a split second, the tach dips for same time and now the check engine blinks at the same time. Only does it for a few seconds at a time not all the time.

Wednesday, January 11th, 2012 AT 11:47 PM
  • saturntech9

Doesnt the P0507 just say that the idle is out of range?WHat codes came back?

Wednesday, January 11th, 2012 AT 11:59 PM
  • flustrated01

The check engine light is not on so I have not had them checked today. The check engine light only blinks at the same time as when it misses and the tach drops. Will there be any codes when the check engine light is off. If so I will have it checked tomorrow.

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 AT 12:05 AM
  • saturntech9

There will still be codes even if its off. Let me know the codes numbers.

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 AT 12:07 AM
  • flustrated01

RAined last night and it is cold. Car starting cutting off and on instantly and did it often. Check engine light blinking off and on and tach dropping at the same time. I had the codes checked afterwards and there are no codes.

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 AT 1:50 PM
  • saturntech9

If the check engine light is flashing while its running then there is going to be codes.

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 AT 5:48 PM