HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO CHANGE THE POWER STEERING...

• riebed
  • 2001 Hyundai Elantra

Hi

How difficult is it to change the power steering pressure hose-the long one with fittings on. My level is moderate to minimal.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 3:43 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

That sounds like the high pressure hose. They can be a pain. Also, you will need to drain the pump and then bleed the system when you get it back together.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 3:54 AM
  • jazmo1

They are not to bad to do. After you remove the bolt that connects the compression fitting into the PS pump, there are 2 small screws to remove along the metal part of the line attached to brackets. The last part to disconnect is at the rack & pinion. My way of removing this is that if you know the line is bad & you're replacing it, go ahead and bend the line back and fourth at the fitting until it breaks. Then simply place a socket over the nut fitting and remove it. The installation is the reverse. Hope this helps!

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 5:03 AM