I JUST HAD MY ALTENATOR TESTED AND IT REGISTER ...

2001 Hyundai Elantra

riebed

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:44 AM

HI

I just had my altenator tested and it register 65 amps at idle, is that OK or am I looking for trouble soon down the road

November, 18, 2012 AT 4:47 AM

Did you check the voltage as I suggested?

riebed

November, 18, 2012 AT 5:18 PM

Hi

Yes I did- if you meant the battery-irs a new battery( about 9 mths old), tested as good-sorry about not responding earlier since I was having computer problems- problem is I don't know how many miles the altenator has on it, and if a nproblem may exist-charging test looks good per my mechanic- but altenator is pulling 65 amps at idle-could this be a potential problem very soon?

November, 18, 2012 AT 5:59 PM

Output test is done at 2500 rpm and depending on the alternator you have as there are 2 type, 75 or 90 amp output. Whichever you have, the output is above the minumum amperage so is still good.
Alternator being electrical components are unpredictable and why worry when the problem is going to occur?

Life is too short for worries.

riebed

November, 18, 2012 AT 7:13 PM

Thank You for the info.

November, 18, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

You're welcome.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz