THERE IS NO POWER GOING TO THE AC RELAY. COULD IT BE THE CONTROL HEAD?

2001 Honda CRV

bmccloy

August, 3, 2012 AT 3:27 AM

I've checked both fuses, both are fine. I can jump the clutch on at the relay but there is no power coming from the computer.

August, 3, 2012 AT 3:58 AM

If you are doing the testing correct, it is not the PCM. PCM grounds the circuit for the relay to work and battery voltage is supplied by the fuses.
Did you use the relay to jump or done by removing it?

bmccloy

August, 3, 2012 AT 1:37 PM

I removed the relay and jumped the pin with constant power to the pin that goes to the compressor (don't remember pin numbers). The compressor will kick on but the computer isn't recognizing the ac is on so it idles very roughly and dies eventually.

bmccloy

August, 3, 2012 AT 1:40 PM

That is with the ac button on. Occasionally when you toggle the switch on and off, the compressor will kick on for a second. Could the ac button be bad even if the green light is on?

August, 3, 2012 AT 6:29 PM

At the relay there must be 2 terminals with battery voltage with ignition switch turned on.

Toggling the switch makes the compressor works could be due to a faulty switch which has 2 circuit, 1 for the indictor light and the other for the compressor to know the switch is turned on.

You would need a test light or DVOM to test.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Blend Door Actuator Replacement