MY CIVIC STARTED ACTING UP ABOUT A MONTH AGO IT ...

• Staggs2013
  • 2001 Honda Civic

My civic started acting up about a month ago, it started to over heat on me and I work in a mechanic shop so when I got to work I checked everything out. Had to get a new radiator. But I couldnt get a cap cuz of money issues, so the day I was going to get a cap my car cut out on me. I noticed oil was mixing with my antifreeze. I changed my head gasket, radiator, radiator cap and thermostat. I put it all back together and flushed my rad for 3 hours, seemed it was getting back how it was. I drove it for a min and checked nothing changed, now I also have a oil leak but it only leaks when I run the car. Please help

Monday, December 10th, 2012 AT 5:17 PM

• KHLow2008

Where is the leak coming from?
Cam seals, crank front and end seals are the 3 common areas for oil leakages

Monday, December 10th, 2012 AT 9:54 PM
  • Staggs2013

I'm not sure where the leak is coming from because when I pull it in the shop and put it in the air idling its not really leaking so it is hard to tell but if I run it then oil gushes out. But I will check out those areas

Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 AT 12:00 PM