IS THE HYDRAULIC ENGINE MOUNT DIFFERENT BETWEEN THE COUPE AND SEDAN?

• Edweezy21
  • 2001 Honda Civic

I was curious if the hydraulic mount on my 2001 Honda Civic LX Coupe with a manual transmission different from the same car but as a sedan or as an automatic transmission. If you look at the engine from the front of the vehicle, its the engine mount on the right side. Please help because I believe this one is bad and I need to make sure I'm buying the correct part. Thank you in advance.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

• ASEMaster6371

They are different. You need to look closely at what you need and then go to a parts store, have them show you a picture of the mount ot be sure.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 9:15 PM
  • rasmataz

What liter engine?

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 9:16 PM
  • Edweezy21

Would I be able to get a specific part number for reference? It is a 1.7L.

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 12:32 AM
  • rasmataz

The OEM part no. Is not available on our references -you need to consult with the Honda dealership to get this information-Sorry

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 AT 2:20 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Honda calls them a pad instead of a mount. Went round and round with one a couple weeks ago. They are different

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 AT 11:56 AM
  • Edweezy21

Thanks guys. At least now I have somewhere to start. I tried Advance Auto Parts and they have the mount that looks like the one I need yet it doesnt specify if its for a coupe or sedan and the Live Chat representative said if it doesnt specify then it means its for both but I'm throwing up a red flag at that one and I'm not even gonna risk it. I'll just have to call the dealership and ask for a part number cause I'm sure if I buy it from them its gonna be a couple hundred bucks.

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 AT 1:12 PM