FUEL PUMP / FILTER IN FUEL TANK

2001 Honda City

ahmedkashif

February, 13, 2012 AT 2:37 PM

Hi,

My car is not giving the right fuel pressure, my mechanic has advised me to get the fuel tank opened and install new pump.

problem I get is that sometimes car wont start at all and sometimes it does not cause any problems and starts smoothly for several days.

please advise if the pump to be replaced or there could be any electrical problem

February, 13, 2012 AT 2:41 PM

What was the fuel pressure when it was checked?

ahmedkashif

February, 13, 2012 AT 5:47 PM

It was manually checked sometime when I turn off the car engine the fuel level automatically rises in the fuel guage and as soon as I start the car the level drops to the actual reading.

I hv alternate fuel system also installed that is CNS compressed natural gas, when car does not start on petrol then I had to change the setting to start on CNG, it starts!

Which confirms that the fuel (petrol) pressure is low or not at all present

so any electrical fault or I need to open the fuel tank for service along with installation of new pump which is expensive

February, 13, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

You have to confirm the fuel pump is defective by checking its actual fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge

ahmedkashif

February, 18, 2012 AT 10:22 PM

Finally I got it checked, it is 29psi

February, 18, 2012 AT 11:34 PM

I don't have the fuel pressure specs-please! Wait for someone that has the information

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe