WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO REPLACE WITH BROKEN CONRODS?

2001 Holden Commodore

bonniemcdonnell

August, 11, 2012 AT 5:45 AM

I have a 2001 VX holden commodore, manual, 6-cyl and I have approx 3 broken conrods. I was wondering if I would have to replace the entire engine or just a particular part of the engine as if course prices of engines aren't cheap.

Also I have a 1999 vt Holden commodore, auto, 6-cyl and would like to know if the motor from this car would convert into the VX, also wanting to keep it manual so would it be able to be converted?

August, 11, 2012 AT 8:09 AM

Automatic or manual engines are interchangeable. Year difference does not matter but engine model has to be similar otherwise it might not work.

Replacing components might not be cheap as 3 broken con-rod is not a minor problem and the damage could be extensive. If the block is damaged, you would have to replace the engine.

Without a complete understanding of damages, it is not possible to know which is a better option. The mechanic should be able to give you a quote on repairs or engine replacement.

bonniemcdonnell

August, 11, 2012 AT 1:24 PM

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

August, 11, 2012 AT 3:04 PM

You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Starter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Filter Change KIA Sportage
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Prius