I THINK I PUT DESIEL INSTEAD OF GASOLINE

2001 Ford

marie Key

November, 13, 2010 AT 2:54 AM

I think I put the wrong gas in my 2001 lincoln navigator I think I put in deisel fuel the vechicle started jerking and it stopped completely as I was turinig into the driveway and was very hesitant to restart after finanally getting it started it begin shaking and making a loud clacking or knocking noise is it possible that I have ruined the motor? Or what do I need to do?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2010 AT 4:25 AM

If by accident you used diesel fuel, I'm surprised it is running. First, chances are you didn't ruin the engine. However, you need to have the fuel removed from the fuel system. The fuel tank should be removed, emptied, and cleaned out. The fuel lines from the fuel rail back should be blown out with compressed air, and the fuel filter will need replaced. I have a feeling the engine had a serious misfire going on, and that is why you felt and heard the problems. Once everything is cleaned out, if it still misses, replace the spark plugs.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement