OIL PRESSURE GAUGE DROPS TO THE RED ZONE

2001 Ford Mustang

bp7277

December, 31, 2011 AT 7:50 AM

Engines oil pressure gauge drops to the red zone and then car power meaning will not accelerate then car just shuts off now it will not start it just does one click. Where do I start to find the problem or is the engine locked up.

This vehicle was garaged for about 3 months with a bad A/C compressor, that was fixed so how would I tell if this vehicle had something added to the engine oil cause it would not be a big surprise I have terrible neighbors. There seems to be some weird deposits in the oil.

This vehicle did not have a knock coming from the engine area at all.

rivermikerat

December, 31, 2011 AT 7:56 AM

If you suspect something was added to the engine oil, change the oil and filter. Then rent/borrow an oil pressure gauge and test the oil pressure.

bp7277

December, 31, 2011 AT 9:13 AM

I would do that but the car will not turn over it just does a small tick and thats all and yes it has a good battery all the lights work and things of that sort.

rivermikerat

December, 31, 2011 AT 10:57 AM

Check the starter and solenoid. Small tick means either not enough power is reaching the starter, or the solenoid is bad.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra