I HAVE A FACTORY DEDICATED LPG AUII 2001 UTE

2001 Ford Falcon

steeli

November, 19, 2012 AT 6:23 AM

Hi I Have a factory dedicated LPG AUII 2001 ute.
it is over heating and the mechanics I have taken the ute to are stumped.

We have replaced - radiator + thermostat + water pump + temp sensor.
The cooling system was flushed and eliminated any leaks in cooling system no matter how small.

all to no avail - the system has been checked for gasses => cheeked for possible head or gasket leaks.

The thermo fans appear to be running, We may need to check both are running on both speeds.

mhpautos

November, 19, 2012 AT 8:57 AM

Have they checked the gas mixtures, if way to lean they will over heat.

steeli

November, 20, 2012 AT 10:04 AM

OK ill ask - cheers.
Is there supposed to be a catalytic converter on Dedicated LP gas models? See below?
The mechanics are saying this ute has one and that it could be shot so the motor is running "constipated " I'm no mechanic - obviously - but I thought that LPG was pretty clean burning and all you got as a by-product of LPG combustion was water? So why the need for a cat/.

steeli

November, 22, 2012 AT 8:14 AM

Thanks for your answer.
The head has been lifted - badly burnt valve on # 6 cylinder - other valves on the way out.
Also evidence of small holes in diaphragms on lpg mixer thingy. ( Green deposits - anti freeze - on plugs )

mhpautos

November, 22, 2012 AT 7:52 PM

No mention of a misfire in the first question, it would have been running on 5 cyl.

steeli

November, 23, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

That was our thoughts as well but no. It seams that LPG is more forgiving than other forms of fuel.

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT