I HAVE A 4

2001 Ford F-150

davidwade

January, 16, 2013 AT 1:55 AM

I have a 4.2 ltr. Engine that I'm told has a vacuum leak at the bushing of the lower intake manifold (below the fuel intake/outake, by the firewall) I'm told that the entire manifold will have to be purchased to take care of this. Is this fact or fiction?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 16, 2013 AT 2:02 AM

Why does the manifold itself need replaced? What did they tell you? Also, is it plastic?

davidwade

January, 16, 2013 AT 2:50 AM

Top manifold is plastic and the bottom one is aluminum (metalic). Im told that the bushing isnt sold separately and that it's all part of the manifold assembly. Since I asked this qustion I have purchased a Dorman lower manifold for $230 (online) thru PartsGeek. It comes with all seals and gaskets. I hope I made a good move. The bushing in question is in the back right. I think it is from the shaft that turns to open and close the ports on the right side. I saw the smoke test myself and that was the only spot (except for a little at the PCV) where smoke was getting out. Engine seems to be running good but the check engine light still lives after a couple of other things were replaced (sensors).

Jacobandnickolas

January, 16, 2013 AT 2:53 AM

If you got the gaskets and all, you did fine. Let me know if you have questions in the future

davidwade

January, 16, 2013 AT 3:08 AM

Thank you.I sure will

Jacobandnickolas

January, 16, 2013 AT 3:13 AM

Good luck

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1