2001 Ford Explorer sport front drivers side door wont open

VANESSAJUNE
  • 2001 FORD EXPLORER
Drivers side door will not open neither inside or outside handle will open it
Sunday, October 30th, 2011 AT 11:31 PM

FIXITMR
Which 1 quit opening it first? Or did they both go at same time?
+1
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 8:08 PM
VANESSAJUNE
At first it wouldnt come unlocked not even by the key. Well we got one of them things cops use and got it unlocked but still wont open. Got the doir panel off but cant get it opened.
-2
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 AT 4:28 AM
FIXITMR
Did you just buy car recently in this condition?
-2
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 AT 8:55 PM
CADIEMAN
You knocked all the linkages off the lock assy. Youll need to push the release
-1
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 AT 9:08 PM
VANESSAJUNE
No I didnt buy the explorer that way I have had it for years. Were is the lock assy release?
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 9:54 AM
CADIEMAN
Sorry my message was cut off. The lock assy. Thats in the door all the linkages the in and out side handle, the lock dock button and the key cylinder all hooked to it you have kncked them all off. Can you get to the lock assy. To push the release on the lock or see the loose linkage.
-1
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 3:15 PM
FIXITMR
The control linkage rods are probably held on by plastic swivel clips for ease of removal. These tend to break easily also with time. So you will see arms on latch assembly with holes where the rods go you will have to move those arms with a coat hanger or push or pull with tool to open door. You may be able to get replacement plastic clips at auto HELP section at auto stores.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 6:23 PM
VANESSAJUNE
Well I am not sure were it is located inside the door. Is it going to be in the upper left corner of the door
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 6:28 PM
FIXITMR
Another scenario is your power lock motor froze up LOCKED and that is the cause of all this grief! In that case replacement/removal of lock motor is the solution.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 6:54 PM
CADIEMAN
The part that locks your door close. You have knocked all the locking rods off with a slim jim door closed at the striker. Can you see it with a flash light in side the rear of the door?If you cant get to the lock assy. To release from the striker. Your gonna have to call a mobile locksmith and get a price on opening it. When you get it open remove all panels. If their is any rear window channel remove it and youll see the lock assy. The inside handle release operates on a back and forth switch. Youll see a lever with a spring thats for outside handle and operates up and down
-2
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 AT 8:28 PM