Follow this to get codes do test a first. It's at vey bottom
ENTERING SELF DIAGNOSTICS
1. Ensure in car temperature is between 40 90 F (4 32 C). Simultaneously depress OFF and FLOOR buttons, then press AUTOMATIC button within 2 seconds. Display will show a pulse tracer going around
center of display window for up to 30 seconds while test is running. Record all DTCs as displayed.
2. If DTCs are displayed, perform test indicated. See EATC DTC INDEX table. If a condition exists and no DTCs are displayed, diagnose by symptom. Go to SYMPTOM INDEX table under SYMPTOM
3. Self diagnostics can be initiated at any time with the resulting DTCs being displayed. Normal system operation is stopped when system is in self diagnostic mode.
EATC DTC INDEX
NGS Tester (DTC) Code (2) Self Test Fault (Run Time Code) (1) Description
B1249 024 (022) Blend Door Actuator Short
B1249 024 (025) Blend Door Actuator Failure
B1251/B1253 031 (N/A) In Car Temp. Sensor Open
B1251/B1253 030 (N/A) In Car Temp. Sensor Short
B1255/B1257 041 (043) Ambient Air Temp. Sensor Open
B1255/B1257 040 (042) Ambient Air Temp. Sensor Short
B1261 050 (052) Sunload Sensor Short To Ground
U1041 (3) N/A (N/A) Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal
U1073 (3) N/A (N/A) Engine Coolant Temp. Signal
U1222 (4) N/A (N/A) Interior Lamp Data Signal
(1) N/A (not available) indicates that no self test code (no intermittent/run time code) is displayed.
(2) New Generation Star Tester (007 00500) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
Then do this.
TEST B: EATC SYSTEM INOPERATIVE/DOES NOT OPERATE PROPERLY
1. Turn ignition on. Perform EATC self diagnostics. See ENTERING SELF DIAGNOSTICS under SELF DIAGNOSTICS. If any DTCs were displayed, refer to EATC DTC INDEX table to continue
diagnosis. If no DTCs were displayed, go to next step.
2. Exit self diagnostic test by pressing DEF (defrost) button. Observe function symbols on EATC display. If display is correct without any missing elements, go to next step. If display is incorrect, replace EATC
module. Recheck system operation.
3. Start engine. Press AUTOMATIC button on EATC control panel. If AUTO and selected temperature appears in display window, go to next step. If AUTO and temperature are not displayed go to TEST J:
TEMPERATURE DISPLAY WILL NOT SWITCH BETWEEN F & C .
4. Rotate thumbwheel fully up and down. If blower motor speed goes from high to low and bar graph varies with speed, go to next step. If blower motor speed and bar graph display does not vary, go to TEST F:
BLOWER MOTOR OPERATES CONTINUOUSLY IN HIGH SPEED .
5. Press DEF (defrost) button. If outside air is discharged to windshield and side window demisters, go to next step. If air is not discharged as indicated, go to TEST C: IMPROPER/ERRATIC AIRFLOW
FROM OUTLETS .
6. Press FLOOR mode button. If outside air is discharged from floor duct, go to next step. If air is not properly discharged from floor duct, go to TEST C: IMPROPER/ERRATIC AIRFLOW FROM
7. Press VENT mode button. If outside air is discharged from instrument panel registers, go to next step. If air does not flow properly from panel registers, Go to TEST C: IMPROPER/ERRATIC AIRFLOW
FROM OUTLETS .
8. Push VENT mode button. If A/C clutch engages in VENT mode, see appropriate SELF DIAGNOSTICS article in ENGINE PERFORMANCE. If A/C clutch does not engage, go to next step.
9. If ambient temperature is above 41 F (5 C), press MAX A/C button. If recirculated air is discharged (air inlet and heater duct door in recirculated air position), go to next step. If air does not flow properly from
panel registers, go to TEST D: A/C INOPERATIVE/DOES NOT OPERATE PROPERLY .
10. Press AUTOMATIC button. If A/C clutch engages, system is operating correctly. If A/C clutch does not engage, go to TEST D: A/C INOPERATIVE/DOES NOT OPERATE PROPERLY .
TEST A: NO COMMUNICATION WITH EATC MODULE
1. Disconnect EATC module 13 pin harness connector C227. Measure resistance between ground and EATC module harness connector terminal No. 3 (Black wire). See Fig. 4 . If resistance is less than 5 ohms,
go to next step. If resistance is 5 ohms or more, repair open or high resistance in Black wire. See WIRING DIAGRAMS . Recheck system operation.
Fig. 4: Identifying EATC Module Harness Connectors C227 & C228 Terminals
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
2. Measure voltage between ground and EATC module harness connector C227 terminal No. 2 (Light Green/Yellow wire). If battery voltage exists, go to next step. If battery voltage does exist, repair open in Light
Green/Yellow wire. See WIRING DIAGRAMS . Recheck system operation.
3. Measure voltage between ground and EATC module harness connector C227 terminal No 16 (Violet/Orange wire). If battery voltage exists, fault is in module communications network. See MODULE
COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK CROWN VICTORIA & GRAND MARQUIS article in ACCESSORIES & EQUIPMENT. If battery voltage does not exist, repair open in Violet/Orange wire. See
WIRING DIAGRAMS . Recheck system operation.
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 6:06 PM