TRUCK KEEPS FLOODING

2001 Dodge Ram

juliel999

September, 2, 2011 AT 8:06 PM

My battery died and we thought something was draining the battery but couldn't figure out what. So we bought a new battery, put it in and the truck fired right up. As soon as we put it into gear and tried to move it the truck died. It won't start but it will turn over. So is it not something draining the battery? My boyfriend says it acts like it's flooded but how could it be flooded that quick?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

September, 2, 2011 AT 8:11 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing