SQUEAKING NOISE ON 1500 5.4 LAIE

2001 Dodge Ram

kbogues

April, 4, 2011 AT 3:28 PM

When in drive I get a squeak or warble noise. It is more noticable when I hit bumps. Yet it does not make noies when I put it in nuetral or in 2. It is an automatic. Coming from the front. U-joint, sway bars, shocks and right front ball joint all replaced in last 2 years. Any ideas? Could it be something in the shift linkage?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 4, 2011 AT 5:54 PM

If it is more noticable when you hit bumps, it doesn't sound transmission related. Check to make sure the shocks bushings are in good condition. Also, check the tracking bar bushings sway bar, and control arm bushings. Finally, check the rear u-joints. My first guess is either the tracking arm bushings or swaybar bushings.

jdilly1971

July, 2, 2011 AT 3:25 AM

My 2001 dodge 1500 5.9 made noise when driving like squeeking found out that the water pump shaft was loose replaced water pump fixed noise maybe check that

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front