IVE HAD MY DODGE AT THE SHOP THREE DIFERENT ...

2001 Dodge Ram

Anonymous

March, 16, 2013 AT 10:56 PM

Ive had my dodge at the shop three diferent times. First time was a major leak in the emissions system replaced hoses and fixed something underneath the gas tank. Second time replaced the purge solenoid. Third time replaced the leak detection pump. Tired of paying high labor cost so trying to fix myself. Had a scanner hooked up cant remember the code but remember what it ment. Stated that I had a faulty purge solenoid or faulty leak detection pump, or electrical malfuction in the emmisions system. Please let me know what I can do. Have already gone over all the lines to look for any clogs and insured there was vacuum in the lines what else could it be please help thank you

caradiodoc

March, 20, 2013 AT 3:16 AM

First of all fault codes never say to replace parts. They only indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis. If the code makes reference to an electrical problem don't waste your time looking for hose problems. Codes are usually more specific and state whether a voltage is "high" or "low", or a signal voltage is not received. There are entire books that deal with the diagnosis of the evaporative emissions system. It will have every code listed and the troubleshooting steps needed to find the cause of the problem.

Given the multitude of recent problems, I'd start by looking for something they all have in common. Corroded electrical terminals in connectors is a logical first guess since any that were still working will be disturbed when the connectors are pulled apart during testing.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang