I WAS GETTING THE CODE 601 WITH THE CHECK ENGINE...

2001 Dodge Dakota

joshcomer

November, 5, 2012 AT 6:25 PM

I was getting the code 601 with the check engine light on my ABS light has been on forever. Bought a new PCM and put it in the Vin number and mileage was not programmed into it and it worked for about a month and now I have the same problem but the car the truck is not going anywhere. The higher the RPM the crappier it was running now it's just not really running it sounds like it's running on three cylinders or five cylinders. Its a V6. What do I do?

Mis Fire -

cadieman

November, 5, 2012 AT 7:21 PM

IF U INSTALL A PCM AND IT WORKED FINE.I WOULD TEST THE FUEL PRESSURE FIRST. THEN MAY NEED A NEW PCM.

joshcomer

November, 5, 2012 AT 9:14 PM

I Check the fuel pressure it is at 45 PSI Is there anything else I can do

cadieman

November, 6, 2012 AT 12:43 AM

Po601 is internal pcm failure. U will have to replace it

joshcomer

November, 6, 2012 AT 11:18 PM

Is there a way to tell what caused it to fail

cadieman

November, 6, 2012 AT 11:45 PM

No there isn't sorry

joshcomer1

November, 10, 2012 AT 6:50 AM

So basically I have to get a new computer and then wait for whatever to cause a problem to go bad again.A quick question if I hit a tiny puddle after it rains and im saying going bout 10mph. The truck seems like it has water in the distributer but I know There's no way that water got up in their what might be the problem?

cadieman

November, 10, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

Is there any warrenty on the computer"? Us a hose to spray water on the engine a section at a time. To try to find the problem.U may have bad ing. Wires test them with a test light and check them at the plugs. Did u clear the codes when u replaced the computer?