PAG OIL TYPE AND CAPACITIES

2001 Dodge Caravan

alexv55

I am replacing a/c compressor. Factory manual says use nd-8 pag oil.

Auto stores have different pag type oils, pag 100, pag 150, pag 46, just pag. None of them say nd8 on it though. Which one is the right one for my van.

I will also be replacing other components of the system as well, expansion valve, drier etc. Do I put oil in each component separately or add up all capacities and put it in compressor and it will get circulated when compressor runs.

Docfixit

ND8 use PAG 46 did compressor come oiled? Was system flushed? Is there a rear unit?

alexv55

The compressor is on its way so I am not sure if it is going to come oiled. I am assuming it will.

The system hasn't been flushed because only the clutch went. The oil in the old compressor is clean and I can see the cylinders move when rotating manually.

The van has rear a/c.

Docfixit

7.4 oz total pour oil out of comp and measure if 7.4 no need to add if less add oil to accumulator to equal 7.4

Replace AC Expansion Valve
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement