CAR VIBRATES QUIT HARD ON STAND STILL PARK ON IN GEAR

2001 Daihatsu Sirion

moris

December, 19, 2011 AT 11:32 AM

The problem starts after I drive for a few minutes and the car warms up. When I'm in gear and stand in (not driving) the car vibrates quite hard I can feel the engine is not working accurately. When I shift to neutral I can hear the engine goes up and down (rpm) and when I drive I don't seem to feel any problems. Nobody seems to be able to locate where the problem is.

The problem only happens after I drive for a few minutes (5-10).

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 11:36 AM

The first thing that needs to be done is a full tune up including a compression test and a diagionstic scan, report any fault codes here for further assistance, start here.

moris

December, 19, 2011 AT 11:48 AM

Thank you for your prompt response.

My current garage did a complete diagnostic scan. At first the suspected the o2 sensor but it didn't resolve the problem.
It looks like there is some element that enters into the equation once the car warms up. I might add that there are times (1 out of 10) that the problem doesn't happen.

It's very strange indeed.

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:11 PM

O2 sensor faults can often be as a resault of a secondary problem, I would suggest that you get a exhaust emission test done to check Hc readings, if high, this can be a leaking injector causing o2 sensor signals to go out of range and tune related problems that may not show up on the scan.

moris

December, 19, 2011 AT 12:24 PM

Tnx. I'll pass on the information and update on any progress.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Dynamat Door Installation