AM CHANGING THE TIMING BELT ON THE ENGINE IT ...

2001 Daewoo Nubira

norcolimo

February, 7, 2013 AT 6:47 PM

Hi am changing the timing belt on the engine, it didnt break off so the engine is good but now that I have everything apart, in crank pulley there is a hole in the outside of the pulley so I thought that was the mark but it doesnt work, in the cam sprokets the intake has its mark but the exhaust sproket has 2 marks so how do I know wich 1 is the right 1, I try 1 of the marks in the exhaust but when I cranck the engine the intake smokes so its out of timing what should I do?

February, 10, 2013 AT 9:44 AM

Installation

Ensure crankshaft and camshaft timing timing marks are still aligned. Install the timing belt. See Fig. 6. Turn the timing belt tensioner clockwise to tension the timing belt. Turn tensioner until the pointer aligns with the notch on the rear timing belt cover. Tighten automatic tensioner bolt. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS.
Using crankshaft center bolt, turn crankshaft clockwise (as viewed from timing belt end of engine) 2 full revolutions. Ensure timing belt tensioner pointer is still aligned with notch.
If timing belt tensioner is correctly aligned, install timing belt cover. Install the engine mount bracket on the timing belt end of engine. Install crankshaft pulley. Install serpentine accessory drive belt. Install right front splash shield. Install right front wheel.
Install air filter housing. Connect air intake temperature sensor connector. Connect negative battery cable.

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour