CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove power steering pump, if equipped. Remove
A/C compressor, if equipped. Remove rear A/C compressor mounting bracket bolts and
rear A/C compressor mounting bracket. See Fig. 34 .
2. Remove accessory mounting bracket by removing bolts. Disconnect Crankshaft Position
(CKP) sensor connector from fuel injector channel cover. Remove CKP
sensor retaining bolt. Gently rotate and remove CKP sensor from engine block.
1. Insert CKP sensor into engine block. Install CKP sensor retaining bolt.
Tighten crankshaft position sensor retaining bolt to 58 INCH Lbs. (6.5 N.m). Connect CKP
sensor connector to fuel injector channel cover. Install accessory mounting bracket. Tighten
accessory mounting bracket bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 N.m).
2. Install rear A/C mounting bracket, if equipped. Tighten rear A/C mounting
bracket bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 N.m). Install A/C compressor, if equipped. Install power
steering pump if equipped. Connect negative battery cable.
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove engine cover. Disconnect sensor electrical
connector. Remove timing belt front cover. Remove camshaft position sensor
bolts. Remove camshaft position sensor from top.
2. Install camshaft position sensor and bolts. Tighten camshaft position sensor bolts to 62
INCH Lbs. (7 N.m). Install timing belt front cover, crankshaft pulley, accessory drive belt,
and air filter. Connect sensor electrical connector. Install engine cover. Connect negative
Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 AT 9:52 PM