2001 Daewoo Leganza cruise control

ROBWNELSON
  • 2001 DAEWOO LEGANZA

2001 Daewoo Leganza 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My cruise control light turnes off as soon as I take the car out of park. It will not come back on untill I turn the car off and restart it. Has anyone had this problem?

Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 AT 10:11 PM

MSABATOS

I've got the same problem. Did you ever find out what it was? I can't PM you until I have 10 posts, I wish I could contact you.

Quote="robwnelson"]Electrical problem

My cruise control light turnes off as soon as I take the car out of park. It will not come back on untill I turn the car off and restart it. Has anyone had this problem?[/Quote]

Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 11:04 AM
JACK42

Start by having the PCM (computer) scanned for trouble codes. Any problem with the transaxle will cause the cruise to shut down. Get back to me with results of scan

Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 AT 10:42 AM
ROBWNELSON

I scanned the pcm and the only code was P0342 for the camshaft sensor A circut low input. ( Bank 1 or single sensor) I don't think this is the problem? But your the Expert I hope. Thanks for the help. Robert

Monday, April 20th, 2009 AT 8:20 AM
JACK42

Its hard to say, but he PCM may shut down different systems when it cant monitor any one specific part of the system. Take care of that first then proceed

Monday, April 20th, 2009 AT 12:21 PM
ROBWNELSON

The cam sens. Has been replace. Car runs a little better and the light does not come on any more. There are no new codes. Still no cruise. If I put the car into gear without stepping on the brake, the cruise light will stay on while I drive until I touch the brake. But the cruise still sill not work. Is there anything else you think I should check. I allready replaced all switches in the shifter. Robwnelson.

Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 AT 10:17 PM
JACK42

Which Leganza is it? CDX, SE, SX

Sunday, May 3rd, 2009 AT 9:00 AM
ROBWNELSON

Mine is the SX. Auto Trans. 4 Wheel anti lock disc brakes.

Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 AT 4:29 PM
JACK42

Check to see if your brake lights are working. It sounds like the brake switch may be shorted and is causing the cruise to not work.

Wednesday, May 6th, 2009 AT 7:54 AM
ROBWNELSON

I had allready repalce the brake switch just incase that was doing something. I have 2 other Deawoos in the family that have cruises that work. Once you push the switch on the dash to turn the cruise system on, nothing turns it off till you push that button again. Something is turning the POWER to the system off, not just not letting it engage. Really strange! Robert

Friday, May 8th, 2009 AT 11:44 AM
ROBWNELSON

Is there any kind of crash sensor that might be shutting off the cruise? The car had a light hit in the front. Very light. Broken headlights and bumper cover. Robert

Friday, May 8th, 2009 AT 3:16 PM
JACK42

I dont see anythign like that in the wiring diagram. When car startd and cruise light is off, check the following wires for power.
Pink wire and orange wire at brake switch

at the cruise module behind left side of dash- has a 10 pin connector, position F is either pink or brown/white.

Main cruise switch- pink wire

cruise lever switch- gray

Saturday, May 9th, 2009 AT 9:04 AM
JHANSCHU

I have had the same problem happen with my '01 leganza. Shortly after replacing the brake light switch, the cruise control stopped working. Just like Rob was saying, start the car the "cruise" light comes on and as soon as you press the brake and shift out of gear it goes off.

Could the problem lie in the speed sensor or possible a bad cruise control actuator. My wife is taking the car on a 1000 mile trip and the cruise would come in handy.

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 3:38 PM
JACK42

If these issues arise after replacement of the brake light switch, I would try using a factory part OEM, just to see if the switch is the issue

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 4:23 PM
JHANSCHU

I think I forgot to mention that I had attempted that just today, my apologies. I found a fairly inexpensive OEM cruise control actuator, so I will be trying that next. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 6:48 PM
JACK42

Let me know

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 6:52 PM
JHANSCHU

Well the actuator didn't work. I found a service manual online in pdf format. I've been doing some troubleshooting to the electrical connections using that as a reference. I'm finding a short between the actuator and the fuse panel. I decided to test the brake switch as it seemed the most likely culprit (even though I replaced it again).
I did this by removing the brake switch from the connector and then jumped the connector. When I did that I had the correct voltage going across the line. So it seems that somehow the brake switch is shorting out internally.
I am going to go to a different parts store and order a new one. Funny thing is is that the one I have now only cost around $9 while the one I looked at online for another parts store in town is just over $20. I wonder if it's just a shoddy part.

Friday, March 19th, 2010 AT 4:35 AM
JACK42

When it comes to parts, cheaper is exactly that. I always use OEM or equivalent parts, they just seem to have fewer issues and fit right

Friday, March 19th, 2010 AT 7:46 AM
JHANSCHU

Well. That was just it. It was an OEM part, but it seems now that both were faulty. The new brake switch that I purchased worked perfectly. Cruise is now functioning. I contacted the place that I bought the first two brake switches and informed them that either I got a wrong part, or there are some quality control issues with that brand (which was BWD by the way). Thanks for all the assistance and input.

Friday, March 26th, 2010 AT 4:59 PM
JACK42

Glad to hear it is working again, thanks for the heads up on the bad switches

Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 10:07 PM
SELDOM352

I appreciate the foregoing discussion. There is one more key to this problem--the brake light switch is VIN-number-dependent. I got a police warning for inoperative taillights, so I replaced the brake light switch. The brake lights started working again, but my cruise control stopped working. After reading this discussion thread, I replaced the brake light switch with a part bought from the same store (O'Reilly's)--still no cruise control. I decided to buy one more brake light switch from a different source (Autozone) and they asked for my VIN number. Voila, the brake switch from there fixed the cruise. So the moral of the story is you MUST buy a specific replacement brake light switch to match the previous one or you will render the Daewoo cruise control system inoperative.

Saturday, January 7th, 2012 AT 5:05 AM