NOT STARTING.

2001 Daewoo Lanos

suec

March, 19, 2011 AT 6:52 PM

01 daewoo lanos cranks, will not start. Will a failed ignition switch cause this.

March, 19, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

suec

March, 19, 2011 AT 7:00 PM

Will the Cam Pos Sensor or Crank Sensor throw a check engine light if they are bad? Also, I noticed my timing belt doesnt turn while cranking the engine. The belt is tight.

March, 19, 2011 AT 7:21 PM

Are you talking about the drive belts or the timing belt inside the front engine cover?

suec

March, 19, 2011 AT 8:57 PM

The timing belt inside the left front engine cover between the drive belt and the block. I replaced the valve cover gasket, and none of the valves look completely open, some partially open and some closed. If it is the timing belt, should I expect valvue and or piston damage?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement