SPORADIC ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH DASH BOARD AND FOG LIGHTS

2001 Chrysler Sebring

srgeter

October, 2, 2011 AT 2:17 AM

The dash board lights occasionally flicker, but have also gone out altogether. Sometimes it is the instrument cluster, once it was the heater control panel. As soon as I pressed the rear defroster light the heater control panel light came on instantly. This was at night. When dimming the instrument panel lights they flicker more times than when they are set to fully on.
The fog light issue may be different. I have to play quite a bit with the stick to get the fog lights to come on. The switch is at the end of the blinker switch, you pull it out to get the fog lights to turn on when on dims.

Front Fog Lights

Fog Lights

rivermikerat

October, 2, 2011 AT 2:43 AM

Check all of the grounds for these circuits. The flickering lights problem while dimming is probably the dimmer switch. The fog lights problem is probably the switch itself.

JC_8

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:51 AM

Have similar problem - radio quits first, then some instrument lights come on, sometimes a/c quits. 2001 Sebring Coupe LXi, 3.0 l. Wife's car - help very much appreciated!

rivermikerat

October, 3, 2011 AT 7:21 AM

Same thing; check all of the grounds for the affected circuits. Also check the hot power connections.

Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit