RUNS FINE JUST STARTS HARD, CHANGED PLUGS, WHAT'S NEXT?

2001 Chrysler Sebring

slychef

October, 3, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

Not sure if previous question went through, 2001 chrysler sebring convertible. Runs fine just starts hard, changed the spark plugs but no difference, do not notice any missing it just has to turn over several times before it starts, what is my next step?

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

fixitmr

October, 3, 2011 AT 3:22 AM

Are you used to a car starting instantly? Or did this 1 change since you've had it?

slychef

October, 3, 2011 AT 6:03 AM

No, not instantly, but the previous vehicle we had was a chrysler town and country and that started much quicker than this. It just seems to me there must be something that helps it start quicker that must not be working or clogged, this is just out of my deductive reasoning. It seems as though it is taxing on the starter to get it fired up but it runs just fine when it is running, the t and c turned over maybe twice and started this turns over maybe 15 times or so before it starts.
Thankyou for responding!

slychef

October, 3, 2011 AT 6:06 AM

It has done it since we bought it in July, but our town and country started much quicker than this does.

fixitmr

October, 3, 2011 AT 11:43 PM

Have you tried holding gas pedal in dif positions when first starting?

slychef

October, 4, 2011 AT 5:21 AM

No I have not. And if that helps is it possibly the fuel pressure regulator then?

fixitmr

October, 5, 2011 AT 2:57 AM

You'd have to take pressure readings to determine that. Ironically my vehicles start hard too the first of the day. They are older and high miles so I dont actually try to fix the issue. But pedal position helps me out. Start mixture is controlled by temp sensor and MAF/MAP sensor. Also the TPS could be effecting it. Another thingto try is rather than steady cranking, break it up into smaller tries.I've known aalot of vehicles that start on the second or third short try.

slychef

October, 5, 2011 AT 3:27 AM

I will give that a whirl, thanx for the response!

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe