NEED HELP LOCATING THE SOURCE OF A POSSIBLE WIRING PROBLEM.

2001 Chrysler Sebring

dtolentino

November, 18, 2011 AT 8:43 AM

I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LX and I believe it has a wiring problem. It only goes to 2nd gear and does not shift out of 2nd. Once in a while it will shift fine, but 99% of the time its stuck in 2nd gear. I took it to a tranny shop who found a wire from the tranny to the TCM that seemed to be cut in half. They put it back together but it only worked for a few days before it went back to the same, stuck in 2nd gear. They ran another test which said that there was no communication to the TCM. Also when its not working, the speedometer and odometer doesnt work, and all the gears light up. Additionally, the radio doesnt work but the led lights on the equalizer flashes. Help!

November, 18, 2011 AT 2:53 PM

Without it being in front of me, it is tough but you need a good electrical shop to trace down all the wires. If one was broken, then there may be more you cannot see. It is very time consuming to do this but this will verify the issue. It is second becasue of the limp mode.
When they fixed the 1 wire, did it shift ok for the 2 days? Did you return to them for further diagnostics?

dtolentino

November, 19, 2011 AT 8:11 AM

Yes. When they fixed the wire, it shifted fine for the next few days. Then went back to limp mode. I took it back to them to fun another test and it showed "no communication to TCM". I didnt have money at the time to pay for him to check further so I have been driving around like this since then.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro