THE CAR WAS RUNNING GREAT ONE DAY THEN IT DIED ...

• GSM1
  • 2001 Chrysler Sebring

The car was running great one day then it died on the road going home from work. I got a check engine light and got code 0601. So I followed instructions and replaced the ECM. I put the new ECM in and it still had the same code. The car turns over and gets power just doesn't fire.

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 AT 5:45 PM

• hmac300

If you didn't take the scanner and erase the code it will be there the scanner has to earase it. It cold also be a poor connections o it thinks that it's a pcm. You may need to reprogramm the pcm at a dealer or a pro mechanic

Thursday, March 14th, 2013 AT 7:57 PM
  • GSM1

Ok so I got the faulty PCM replaced and replaced the crankshaft pos. Sensor. The car will not fire. It turns over but will not fire. I check DTC codes and get 0700 and 0725. I get an enhanced DTC code of P1289 for the manifold tuning valve. Would any of these prevent the car from starting? Checked all Coil over packs and each one has a resistance reading of less than 1.0 all spark plugs have been replaced.
Code 0700 is transmission system fault.
Code 0725 is Engine speed input.
Code P1289 is engine manifold tuning valve.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Monday, April 8th, 2013 AT 8:58 PM
  • hmac300

Those codes shouldn't effect starting, you should also check your fuel pressure you don't need to start the car to get the pressure just turn key on. Also I also said you may need to have the pcm reprogrammed, if it's not that may be why It's not starting or was it already programmed when you got it. I spower going to the coils and injectors? The fuel pressure should be 53-63 psi with scan tool activation

Monday, April 8th, 2013 AT 10:01 PM
  • hmac300

If you can get the car to idle then it should be 47-50 psi with vacuum hose disconnected also have you checked any fuses and automatic shutdown relay in power dist box.

Monday, April 8th, 2013 AT 10:05 PM
  • GSM1

Ok I'll check the fuel pressure. How to I test to see if I got power to the coils?

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 AT 12:15 AM
  • hmac300

A volt meter or test light but volts are best

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 AT 12:34 PM