I DRIVE A 2001 CHEVY SUBURBAN 1500 4X4 5

2001 Chevrolet Suburban

Anonymous

December, 27, 2012 AT 10:07 PM

I drive a 2001 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4 5.3 V8. When I fire up the engine it starts to make a claking noise after idling about 10-15 seconds. It makes the noise then it dies off slowly as it warms up. Sounds like if the engine is dry and doesnt get lubbed until it runs for a about another 10-15 seconds after it starts making the noise. I had an incident with the oil pressure sensor where it wouldnt read any pressure at all and as it warmed up the pressure would pick up to normal. It happend a few times but it eventually went away. Would that have anything to do with it? Could the pick up be clogged or do I need another oil pump? What could it be? Thanks for your help.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 27, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

If the gauge is saying no pressure and you hear noise from the engine, I would say you have no oil pressure. As far as the cause, it could be a plugged pick up tube or the pump itself is bad. The only way to tell is to remove it and check.

Omar Rojas

December, 28, 2012 AT 3:13 PM

It does read normal oil pressure but like I said the claking noise starts a little after I fire it up and goes for like 5-10 sec. And then it goes away.

Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element