Three day ago I change my sparks plugs, wires.

MNO221
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Three day ago I change my sparks plugs, wires and pvc, now my truck idle rough in the mornings, unless I keep my foot in it.
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 4:08 AM

Recheck your installation, you may have crossed a wire.
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 2:26 PM
MNO221
Ok I didn't finish the question, its idle rough until it warm up then it smooth out and runs good all day, then the next morning same thing. This morning I didn't have to give it gas but it idle rough like it wanted to die out, after about 3/4 mins it smooth out and running good.
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 4:03 PM
Then you probably have avacuum line left off someplace it soudns like the computer is richening up the mix when it's warm tomake it tidle better. Check your hoses/pcv linvacuum lines etc.
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 4:32 PM
MNO221
Thanks will check it now
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 4:41 PM
MNO221
One more question I replace my plugs with AC Delco 41-110 gap.40 that what it call for now, they came pre gap when I check them they was off a little, should I have gap them to the correct gap, would that cause the problem?
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 4:52 PM
The manual I have says that it take R41-932 and gapped at.060if it goes away when warm it has to be a small vacuum leak as the computer will richen the mix up to take careof small vacuum leaks. But only after it reachs a certain temp
Monday, October 31st, 2011 AT 6:43 PM
MNO221
Ok I have been gone for a while haven't had a change to reply. Checked all connection and all seem to be right and tight, now getting codes P0171 & P0174. Where can I go from here?
Monday, December 5th, 2011 AT 11:31 PM
That is a lean code condition, check yoru fuel pressure and recheck your vacuum lines and spray intake with choke cleaner for a vacuum leak again. It rpm changes you found the vacuum leak.
Monday, December 5th, 2011 AT 11:48 PM
MNO221
Spray intake and there was a change in rpm so I need to change the intake gasket is there a DIY on this job.
Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 AT 11:09 PM
Removal

1. Disconnect¬ negative¬ battery¬ cable.¬ Release¬ fuel¬ pressure.¬ See FUEL¬ PRESSURE¬ RELEASE.¬ Drain¬ cooling¬ system.¬ Remove¬ sight¬ shield¬ (intake¬ manifold¬ cover)¬ and¬ sight¬ shield¬ mounting¬ bracket.¬ Remove¬ air
cleaner¬ duct.¬ Disconnect¬ accelerator¬ cable, ¬ cruise¬ control¬ cable, ¬ and¬ coolant¬ hose¬ from¬ throttle¬ body.¬ Disconnect¬ necessary¬ electrical¬ connectors, ¬ and¬ vacuum¬ lines.
2. Remove¬ EGR¬ pipe.¬ Remove¬ fuel¬ injector¬ electrical¬ connectors.¬ Disconnect¬ fuel¬ pipes¬ from¬ fuel¬ rail.¬ Remove¬ intake¬ manifold¬ bolts, ¬ and¬ remove¬ intake¬ manifold.

Installation

1. Use¬ NEW¬ "O"¬ rings¬ when¬ reconnecting¬ fuel¬ lines.¬ Apply¬ light¬ coating¬ of¬ engine¬ oil¬ to¬ NEW¬ "O"¬ ring¬ and¬ install¬ onto¬ EGR¬ pipe.¬ Tighten¬ EGR¬ valve¬ bolts¬ in¬ 2¬ steps¬ to¬ specification.¬ See TORQUE
SPECIFICATIONS.
2. Install¬ NEW¬ gaskets¬ and¬ intake¬ manifold.¬ Apply¬ Threadlock¬ (12345382)¬ or¬ equivalent¬ to¬ intake¬ manifold¬ bolts.¬ Tighten¬ intake¬ manifold¬ bolts¬ in¬ sequence¬ and¬ to¬ specification.¬ See Fig.¬ 1.¬ See TORQUE
SPECIFICATIONS.¬ To¬ complete¬ installation, ¬ reverse¬ removal¬ procedure.
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 12:26 AM
MNO221
Ah OK, pics would have been nice :)
Thanks hmac300. I"ll get.
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 12:43 AM

Related Spark Plug Replace/Remove Content

Sponsored links