I HAVE A THAT I RECENTLY INSTALLED A REMOTE ...

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

rwitts

December, 17, 2011 AT 9:48 PM

I have a that I recently installed a remote starter on. When I start the truck with the starter it shifts really hard and it seems to stick in 3rd gear. When I shut the truck off for 10 seconds and start it with the key it shifts normally

December, 17, 2011 AT 10:17 PM

Does it start up with a high idle speed?

rwitts

December, 17, 2011 AT 10:58 PM

No, it starts and runs at normal idle speeds

December, 18, 2011 AT 12:41 AM

How's the transmission fluid level and condition? Also scan the TCM/Computer or code/s

retired veteran

December, 20, 2011 AT 1:51 AM

I own a business that installs Remote Starts, in 1995 G.M. Added a 2nd Ing. Wire that must be powered during remote start operations. This circuit supplies the Transmission Control Module and Shift Solenoids, which if not powered will cause the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to set a fault code and your check engine lite should come on. In remote start applications the Primary Ing. Wire (pink) the Secondary Ing. Wire to the H.V.A.C. Controls (orange) and the third Ing. Wire to power the Transmission Control (white or pink/white) wire must all be powered. To do this you must add extra relays to the remote starts Ignition #2 Output to power these circuits.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma