I HAVE A THAT I RECENTLY INSTALLED A REMOTE ...

• rwitts
  • 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

I have a that I recently installed a remote starter on. When I start the truck with the starter it shifts really hard and it seems to stick in 3rd gear. When I shut the truck off for 10 seconds and start it with the key it shifts normally

Saturday, December 17th, 2011 AT 9:48 PM

• rasmataz

Does it start up with a high idle speed?

Saturday, December 17th, 2011 AT 10:17 PM
  • rwitts

No, it starts and runs at normal idle speeds

Saturday, December 17th, 2011 AT 10:58 PM
  • rasmataz

How's the transmission fluid level and condition? Also scan the TCM/Computer or code/s

Sunday, December 18th, 2011 AT 12:41 AM
  • retired veteran

I own a business that installs Remote Starts, in 1995 G.M. Added a 2nd Ing. Wire that must be powered during remote start operations. This circuit supplies the Transmission Control Module and Shift Solenoids, which if not powered will cause the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to set a fault code and your check engine lite should come on. In remote start applications the Primary Ing. Wire (pink) the Secondary Ing. Wire to the H.V.A.C. Controls (orange) and the third Ing. Wire to power the Transmission Control (white or pink/white) wire must all be powered. To do this you must add extra relays to the remote starts Ignition #2 Output to power these circuits.

Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 AT 1:51 AM