IS IT OK TO REMOVE THE REAR DISC BRAKES ON MY S10 4X4. JUST DOWN RIGHT SICK OF THEM

2001 Chevrolet S-10

chrismike30

April, 6, 2012 AT 2:15 PM

Ive messed with the rear brakes way to long and my truck keeps dragging. Replaced calipers pad and evvery other thing u could imagine. Just want them to be gone. Please help

April, 6, 2012 AT 2:27 PM

What is the actual problem you are facing and what are the work you have done on it to try to resolve the problem?

When did the problem start, immediately after some repairs or the problem was the start of repairs?

chrismike30

April, 6, 2012 AT 3:03 PM

It's all new, I've had it to the chevy dealer and another mechanic, yet it still drags. I'm just frustrated and would really love to just say bye to them. Is it ok to do so or will I ause more headaches for myself.

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:05 PM

The disc rotor is only a piece of metal that cannot cause you any problem. It is the mechanical or hydraulic components that is causing the problem and do you think changing the disc would solve the problem?

When I ask any questions, please answer them so that I can understand the problem and provide the correct suggesstion.

How many wheel is dragging?
Which are the wheel dragging?
What repairs have been done? Please list parts replaced and components serviced/checked.

chrismike30

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Can I get rid of the rear brakes was my question and you still havnt answered that one.

April, 6, 2012 AT 6:52 PM

If you remove the rear disc, the brakes are not going to be effective.

Legally you cannot.

M_H_RITZEL

May, 2, 2012 AT 1:42 PM

Check the praporting valve. May be keeping pressure on the rear wheel brakes.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML