IS IT OK TO REMOVE THE REAR DISC BRAKES ON MY 2001 S10 4X4. JUST DOWN RIGHT SICK OF THEM

• chrismike30
  • 2001 Chevrolet S-10

Ive messed with the rear brakes way to long and my truck keeps dragging. Replaced calipers pad and evvery other thing u could imagine. Just want them to be gone. Please help

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 2:15 PM

• KHLow2008

What is the actual problem you are facing and what are the work you have done on it to try to resolve the problem?

When did the problem start, immediately after some repairs or the problem was the start of repairs?

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 2:27 PM
  • chrismike30

It's all new, I've had it to the chevy dealer and another mechanic, yet it still drags. I'm just frustrated and would really love to just say bye to them. Is it ok to do so or will I ause more headaches for myself.

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 3:03 PM
  • KHLow2008

The disc rotor is only a piece of metal that cannot cause you any problem. It is the mechanical or hydraulic components that is causing the problem and do you think changing the disc would solve the problem?

When I ask any questions, please answer them so that I can understand the problem and provide the correct suggesstion.

How many wheel is dragging?
Which are the wheel dragging?
What repairs have been done? Please list parts replaced and components serviced/checked.

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 4:05 PM
  • chrismike30

Can I get rid of the rear brakes was my question and you still havnt answered that one.

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 4:51 PM
  • KHLow2008

If you remove the rear disc, the brakes are not going to be effective.

Legally you cannot.

Friday, April 6th, 2012 AT 6:52 PM
  • M_H_RITZEL

Check the praporting valve. May be keeping pressure on the rear wheel brakes.

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 AT 1:42 PM