I HAVE AN SS WITH A 3

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Anonymous

November, 16, 2012 AT 3:11 AM

I have an SS with a 3.8L. I recently replaced the cam shaft sensor replaced. The car ran great for about 20 miles, then started hesitating when giving it fuel. I think it actually backfires. The tach was reading 4000 and the car rolls about 10 miles an hour. I luckily got it straight to the shop for repairs. I had recently had replaced the catalytic converter, and had a full tune up before this problem. We now have replaced the mass flow sensor, idle sensor, coil packs, put another cam shaft sensor in, ( in case of defect), checked fuel pressure, and now have replaced the computer located under air handler. Car will start and run well when cold, but within 10 miles will start these problems all over every day. There has been no codes registered on the computer since the cam shaft sesor was installed. It has been at the Chevy garage now for over a week still without any solution. Can you help from anyones problems that were similar. Kit

rlp123

December, 14, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

I have no solution but I do have the same problem with my 01 Malibu. Have had all those parts replaced, Drove great after replacing the last part which was crank shaft position sensor. Unfortunately, after about 60 miles, same problem. No codes either. Mechanic does not know what else to do.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015