ENGINE REPLACEMENT

2001 Chevrolet Malibu

KAlvarez23

April, 12, 2011 AT 9:43 PM

I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu. I need to replace the engine and I found a 2007 3.5 engine. My car has the 3.1 which is similar to the 3.4. I want to know if I can put the 2007 engine into my 2001. Everything is pretty much the same. Maybe if I changed the intakes valve. Would that be compatible?

KAlvarez23

April, 12, 2011 AT 9:45 PM

I meant to put intake manifold

caradiodoc

April, 12, 2011 AT 10:56 PM

You're opening a real can of worms by changing year and size. I just read a reply where even the intake manifold and coolant temperature sensor where different from one year to the next. Your Engine Computer, wiring harness, injectors, and just about everything in the emissions system will be different. Also consider a larger radiator and stronger springs. GM is famous for changing things from one year to the next. To prove it to yourself, go to www. Rockauto. Com and look up the part numbers for parts for different years and engine sizes. You're looking to add way too many variables to try to figure out why the engine won't run right and the brakes don't perform properly.

KAlvarez23

April, 13, 2011 AT 9:02 PM

Will keep that in mind. Thank you

Air Filter Replacement
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement