THE TUBE APPEARS TO RUN THROUGH THE BELT TENSIONER ABOVE THE WATER PUMP.

2001 Chevrolet Impala

Tristan

November, 22, 2011 AT 9:59 PM

My radiator is leaking antifreeze from the passenger side of the engine out of a black tube under the front of the intake manifold. What is this tube, and is it difficult to replace?

rivermikerat

November, 22, 2011 AT 10:01 PM

It sounds like the heater hose is leaking. Can you take a good picture of the leaking hose and surrounding area and upload it?

Tristan

November, 22, 2011 AT 10:56 PM

That makes sense now that I look at it. It is a small 90 Degree plastic tube that comes out of the engine and then bends to the rear going through the tensioner and alternator bracket. The heater hoses then attach after the alternator. I tried to upload a pic. Not sure if it worked or not.

rivermikerat

November, 22, 2011 AT 11:17 PM

It appears to have worked. I downloaded your image and took a closer look at it. I drew an arrow pointing to the piece I think you're talking about. Was I right?

Just below that piece is the water pump. I'm guessing the piece I drew the arrow pointing to comes off the water pump or thermostat housing and then attaches to the heater hose. It might be a junkyard item, or you might be able to find a new one at the local parts store.

Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement Ford
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe