The car over heated on me one day and gave me no warning, the temp gauge never showed it as hot. I made a right turn and it cut off on me. I waited a while after it cooled off and added coolant. It started and I went home. I ran a diagnostic on it and it returned no codes. I have changed the spark plugs and battery but the starter sounds like it doesn't have the power to start it. It is a z24 2.4 twin cam with the quad 4 motor.
So the battery is weak and wont make the starter work?If so first have your battery charged and tested. Make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. After you square away that a have the alternator tested. You could have a bad battery and or alternator. Thats were I would start.
June, 30, 2012 AT 6:41 PM
Already exchanged battery for a new one and the alternator is fine.
June, 30, 2012 AT 11:19 PM
So the starter just clicks or is just inop when trying to start it?