CHEVY OIL PRESSURE DROPPING TO ZERO AT IDLE

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

ShayL954

May, 22, 2011 AT 10:37 PM

I have 2001 Chevy Blazer 124,389 miles. Ok Well first It was in the shop and when it came back It was time for an oil change. When it got time for the oil change the oil pressure started to run low but I just took it to the oil change place I didnt check the levels. After the oil change the pressure read about 40 and then when I idled it dropped between 0 and 10 and fluctuated. Checked the new oil and it is already dirty. What could be the problem. SOme things that have been suggested is

1) Oil change and make sure the filter gets changed.
2) Change Oil Pump Screen
3) Get an Engine Flush
4) Check for leaks.

Do you think any of things will change problem. I dont hear knocking but it does run rough when IDLE.

June, 29, 2011 AT 9:00 AM

Get an engine flush-don't work time to go in and investigate for sludge, oil pick-up screen clogged/oil galleries etc-Who's knows could very well be the oil pressure sending unit If a mechanical gauge is use to read the oil pressure

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota