BACK IN NOVEMBER I GOT THE TRANSMISSION ...

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

ninaanne16*89

February, 27, 2013 AT 1:01 AM

Back in november I got the transmission rebuilt, along with front brakes, starter, u joints, tensioner and serpentine belt all replaced. A short while later my serpentine belt started squealing/twitching. At first it was just while it was idling, now its a constant thing. I had the idler pully replaced and the noises went away almost completely until I started driving it 15 minutes later. It came right back. Ive had a few different opinions but nothing ive heard seems to make sense. Any ideas?

Changing Drivebelt

Need Infomation. .

1 ANSWER

caradiodoc

February, 27, 2013 AT 6:32 AM

Sight down all of the pulleys and look for one where the belt is peeking out by as little as 1/16". That indicates the belt is sliding sideways across that pulley as it goes around it. That's where the squeal comes from. Check that item or the pulley right before it for worn bearings or the item is tipped or turned from not being mounted squarely.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement