2001 BLAZER 4

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

Trick63

March, 10, 2013 AT 7:29 PM

2001 Blazer 4.3 L Vortec, I've blown 2 different radiators. I have flushed the system and the radiator cap is new as well. There is no water in my oil, but I was told it could be a cracked head or blown head gasket. I really need help with this guys, Thanks!

Jacobandnickolas

March, 10, 2013 AT 7:37 PM

Try this. With the engine cold, remove the radiator cap and start the engine. Does coolant shoot out of the radiator?

Trick63

March, 10, 2013 AT 9:31 PM

No Sir, No shouting fluid!

Jacobandnickolas

March, 11, 2013 AT 12:50 AM

I was thinking you had a bad head gasket that was pumping pressure into the cooling system. How many pounds of pressure is the release on the radiator cap?

Trick63

March, 11, 2013 AT 6:03 PM

The cap seems to solid, no visible pressure release. I'm unsure as how to verify that it even has a pressure release. Is this something that this vehicle should have? I bought the cap from an auto supply store.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 12, 2013 AT 12:27 AM

They make testers for the caps that see if they release after a certain amount of pressure is reached.

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma