OVER NIGHT BATTERY DRAIN

2001 Cadillac Deville

Danny V.

February, 19, 2012 AT 6:20 PM

Sorry, first time user! 2001 Caillac DHS - power seat button got stuck, drained battery overnight, after recharging battery, the fuel gauge, temp gauge, the driver info system not working, ABS, airbag, battery icons are all illuminated when car is running. Car runs and idles fine. Briefly, the car's battery went totally dead overnight. After disconnecting the battery cable, recharging the battery, and reconnecting the battery cable, I noticed that the power seat button was stuck causing the bat to drain overnight. As a result, the fuel gauge, temp gauge and driver info system are now not working. Also, the antilock, air bag and the battery icons are all illuminated when car is running. Car runs and idles fine and all other electrical system components are fully functional. Any ideas what the suggested repair procedure is to resolve issues? Thanks so much for your help. Danny V. Also, I would be more than happy to give my cell# if calling is easier.

cadieman

February, 19, 2012 AT 6:42 PM

Check the fuses for the displays.1 may have have went bad. Use a screw driver to remove the switch plate by prying up unplug the switch. Then just replace it. Ty fr using 2carpros

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006