Knock sensor location

EAGLES_5000
  • 2001 BUICK CENTURY
I cannot find a knock sensor for my Buick Century custom 3.1 l v6. The plug has a pacman shape, all the ones I have found are completely round plugs? Why can I not find this part?
Saturday, March 19th, 2011 AT 3:26 AM

The knock sensor is located down by the starter. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed. Cheers
Saturday, March 19th, 2011 AT 3:35 AM
2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 2001 BUICK CENTURY
  • 100 MILES
3.1 engine knock sensor location?
Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 AT 3:20 PM (Merged)
DOCFIXIT
Lower left side engine above starter.
+1
KEVIN HIMES
Ok. On a 2001 buick century. Whats the name of the part blocking the knock sensor and how do you remove it. I started unscrewing a part that blocked the knock sensor. Air pressure started coming out so I stopped messing with it. This seems to be the peice thats blocking my reach from unscrewing the knock sensor. Is it ok to remove this peice? Not sure of the name.
Monday, October 15th, 2018 AT 7:48 AM
KEN
It sounds like you are trying to remove the AC compressor lines which you should not do. Instead remove the compressor mounting bolts to move the unit to the side a little so you can gain access. Please send me a video or image if I am off base. Cheers, Ken
Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 AT 11:15 AM