CAN A WATER PUMP GONE BAD BREAK A BRAND NEW RADIATOR INSTALLED BY A MECHANIC IN JUST 4 MONTHS?

2001 BMW 325i

pacodozer

April, 25, 2012 AT 7:18 PM

4 months ago, my car over heated and I took my car to a shop. They replaced the radiator, resevoir tank, and all the hoses coming and going. They told me my water pump might be going bad soon and they can replace it for $600 after I took out a high interest loan of $900 to pay them! I said not now. Two days ago, my car over heated again. There was a giant leak on the side of the radiator and the car would crank but not turn over and it sounded exactly like the first time it overheated. They said the water pump caused the massive leak while a few friends of mine in which one is a mechanic for domestic cars say that wouldn't be the cause.

fixitmr

April, 25, 2012 AT 7:59 PM

Why are letting car overheat? That's what a temp gauge is for? Pump going bad usually means LEAKING although some also break internally or the metals corrode and efficiency is lost. With your lack of auto knowledge you are at the mercy of mechanics. Overheating also has possibility of damaging headgaskets/other and this may not show up right away also. Nevertheless the system has a pressure release cap to avoid overpressurizing radiator causing it to fail. You may be able to claim warranty on radiator. If you own a car you cant afford to repair at todays costs you should consider learning basic mechanics or seeking amateurs with experience to save money.

pacodozer

April, 25, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

I didn't know the car was overheating until it felt sluggish all of a sudden after driving for an hour and a half. I saw the gauge red line and immediately pulled over but was too late by then. A couple of minutes ago, they told me it was clogged with some white yellow substance. The same stuff I saw in the bad hoses the first time I brought it. This seems very fishy to me.

fixitmr

April, 25, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

Fishy as in what is that stuff? Do they have any idea what it is? Still, I dont see how that accounts for radiator BURST failure.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet