FLASHING IMMOBILIZER LIGHT

2001 Audi A2

Janet Vandore

December, 1, 2011 AT 8:52 PM

Has anyone come across a flashing immobilizer light, car will start but no dials or heater working.

My battery became flat and I had to manually open the boot to gain access to the battery to start it with jump leads.

It started but the immobiliser light flashes, the climate control is not working and also flashes. The hands on the four dials just flick in unison. The wiper works, the lights work and I can drive it. When I take the key out of the ignition the car audibly pings continuously.

The garage cannot use the diagnostic tool as it will only do a check which says everything is okay.

It seems to be having a nervous breakdown? I am about to scrap it unless I can identify what is wrong. Has anyone had a similar experience please? Thank you

rivermikerat

December, 3, 2011 AT 6:21 AM

Does the alarm arm and disarm properly?

Janet Vandore

December, 3, 2011 AT 10:01 AM

Yes it does.

rivermikerat

December, 4, 2011 AT 4:12 AM

From what I've been able to find, you need to have the car brought to an Audi dealer and have the key(s) reprogrammed.

Janet Vandore

December, 4, 2011 AT 11:44 AM

Thank you for your response, but I don't believe that there is anything wrong with the keys. It clearly recognises the keys as it will let me drive it. It is currently at the garage where the dash control unit is being changed - but thank you for your help.

rivermikerat

December, 4, 2011 AT 7:07 PM

No problem. The information I was able to find said that when the immobiliser light flashes, along with dash lights, after the battery is drained or disconnected, the keys need to be reprogrammed. Programming them is the function of the dash control unit. Much of the information I found said that the car will still drive, but accessories and instruments will not work properly. Some of the information said the car will only drive for a short period, others said there is no time limit.

I hope the garage is able to fix your problem.

Janet Vandore

December, 4, 2011 AT 8:32 PM

I will pass that information onto the garage. Very many thanks for your assistance.

rivermikerat

December, 4, 2011 AT 8:47 PM

My pleasure. Have a good day.