Here are the procedures.
1. Clamp heater core hoses. Push quick-disconnect connectors inward toward
firewall, press clips inward and pull hoses out. See Fig. 22.
2. Remove sound proofing panel from driver side interior. See Fig. 17.
Airbag system MUST be disabled when working around airbag modules. Disable airbag system before removing glovebox.
3. Remove glove box but do not remove folding glove box lid. Remove sound
proofing panel from passenger side interior. See Fig. 18.
4. Pull carpet away from center of dashboard and remove carpet mountings. See
5. Remove Road Traffic Information (RTI) or amplifier bracket if applicable.
Remove knee bolster if applicable.
Use paper towels or shop towels to catch draining coolant. DO NOT allow coolant to spill onto carpets or interior.
6. Disconnect drain hose from heater core and push aside. Remove screws holding heater core cover. Remove pipe flange screw. See Fig. 23.
7. Remove heater core and cover from vehicle.
8. Install in reverse order. Always replace "O" rings on heater core hoses. Top up coolant and test system for leaks when installation is complete.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 10:47 AM