NO OIL PRESSURE AFTER REBUILD GOING UP IN REVS

2000 Volkswagen Golf

kiefersutton

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:48 PM

I have a 2000 plate vw golf mk4, 1.4, had an engine rebuild, before putting it in we checked that the engine turned over which it did so we were happy to put it in, once it was in, we started it up, and the engine was rattling away, and at idle oil pressure was ok, but as we went up in the revs the oil pressure light came on, I then phoned the guy (who has worked for jaguar for 30 years) and he said he didnt replace the oil pump, and it had been sat there for 3 months. Were changing the pump tomorrow, but if that dosent work, any idea's?

December, 13, 2011 AT 9:56 PM

Mike out the engine bearings-could be excessive clearances/wrong undersize bearings

kiefersutton

December, 14, 2011 AT 8:39 AM

Okay how would I check that? Thank you for a quick response!

December, 14, 2011 AT 8:54 AM

If you haven't rebuild an engine before best get some help here bcuz its not a simple task and also requires special tools

kiefersutton

December, 14, 2011 AT 12:09 PM

Okay no I will be giving it to a mechanic, so is it basically having to take then engine apart again? And if its not the bearings, anything else to look for?

December, 14, 2011 AT 10:36 PM

Oil pump failure/weak

kiefersutton

December, 15, 2011 AT 12:22 PM

Changed oil pump, still oil pressure light when going up revs, theres alot of silcone round engine.

December, 15, 2011 AT 9:12 PM

Check the oil pressure switch

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Ford Taurus