QUICK QUESTION IF I MAY PLEASE

2000 Vauxhall Vectra

Anonymous

November, 22, 2012 AT 5:38 PM

Hi, quick question if I may please. I have a 2000 1.8 16v Vectra with aprox 120k on the clock, recently, as the weather has been getting colder, it's having some cold-start up issues. The car cranks fine, starts fine, but until the temp gauge hits the top blue line on the in-dash display it won't idle properly. If you try to pull away it stalls, but if you just sit there with the engine running for 5 mins it's perfect. If you try and give it a bit of gas the engine revs very lumpy, almost as if it's only on 3 cylinders. There's also a ticking noise (for about 10 secs) from under the bonnet at the start too, but that could just be a normal sound.
Should I not start the car up until later in the day when ambient temp is much higher, the car starts and runs without issue. So it doesn't seem to be a cold engine issue but an air temp issue? Any ideas please? Idle control valve seems to be a regular on these motors, but I'm definitely no expert!
Thanks for your time.

Mis Fire -

bobgreenwell

March, 8, 2013 AT 5:11 PM

Identical problem with mine, replaced plugs, ignition pack, maf sensor and coolant temp sensor, still the same? Will run all day without problem once it's warmed up.